Setting Up Your POP or IMAP Email Address in Microsoft Outlook
This tutorial shows you how to set up Microsoft Outlook 2003® to work with your e-mail account. This tutorial focuses on setting up Microsoft Outlook 2003, but these settings are similar in other versions of Microsoft Outlook. You can set up previous versions of Microsoft Outlook by using the settings in this tutorial.
To Set Up Your E-mail Account in Microsoft Outlook
- In Microsoft Outlook, from the E-mail Accounts menu, select Tools.
- On the E-mail Accounts wizard window, select Add a new e-mail account, and then click Next.
- For your server type, select POP3 or IMAP, and then click Next.
- On the Internet E-mail Settings (POP3/IMAP) window, enter your information as follows:
Your first and last name.
Your email address.
Your email address, again.
Your email account password.
Incoming mail server (POP3)
POP, mail.yourdomain.com or IMAP, mail.yourdomain.com.
Outgoing mail server (SMTP)
Click More Settings.
- On the Internet E-mail Settings window, go to the Outgoing Server tab.
- Select My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication.
- Select Use same settings as my incoming mail server
- Go to the Advanced tab, and then change the Outgoing server (SMTP) port to 587.
- Click OK.
- Click Next.
- Click Finish.
NOTE: As a courtesy, we provide information about how to use certain third-party products, but we do not endorse or directly support third-party products and we are not responsible for the functions or reliability of such products. Outlook 2003® is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. All rights reserved.